Japanese Hamburger Steak in my style

fresh from the stove



Today's dinner menu was Japanese Hamburger Steak with rice... and of couse I cook it just like I want. (I made a hambaagaa rice last July, yet it's different!)

This menu required me to make four dishes before served it as one. It took a while to cook because I only have an electric stove and a teflon pan.

Rice
I used medium small grained rice for this menu. The rice was brought by my dad when he came to Bali recently. It is an organic rice harvested from my dad's friend's backyard in Central Java. It's growth for personal consumption only and not for sale.

Hamburger Patty
This patty was made overnight premade). I made it with (approx) 100g lean ground beef, 1 medium size shiitake and some onion leaves chopped finely, 2 tbsp of cornstrach, 1 tsp of soy sauce, salt (to taste), and freshly ground blackpepper. The whole things were mixed and shaped into balls then pressed with my hands. It's about 1cm thick. I pan seared it with olive oil until it got really done (dark brown). As I put cornstrach in it, it will be tender no matter how long it being cooked (corn strach can be substituted with all purpose flour or bread crumbs).

Sauteed Vegetables
I'm running of vegetables and need to stock more of it tomorrow. So, I just take whatever left on my fridge. The sauteed vegetables side made of chopped baby long bean (abt 3 cm) and about 5 mm chopped onion leaves, celery stick, shiitake mushroom, and garlic. All of the ingredients were sauteed in teflon with a tsp of olive oil, in high heat. I added about a tsp of oyster sauce, soysauce, and freshly grounded blackpepper. Mixed it thoroughly and set aside.

 Hambaaga Sauce/Gravy
Onion is the main ingredients of this part. Finely chopped onion (both red and white) was sauteed with olive oil. I waited it until it got brown (caramelized). After that, I added some finely chopped garlic and shiitake mushroom and mixed it. Next, I put about 1 tbsp of corn starch and let the corn starch cooked. Longan honey, oyster sauce, and soy sauce were poured into the pan and mixed with the other ingredients. Finally I added some water and freshly grounded blackpepper. I stirred the ingredients and made sure no corn starch was mixed well and let it simmer. I poured the sauce all over the other sides and the Hambaagaa rice is ready to be enjoyed. 

Since I like it hot, I sprinkled some gochugaru (chili powder) on my set. Oishii!


sprinkled chili powder over the hambaagaa rice






0 Responses

Post a Comment