My 1st Self Made Pizza (and Calzone)

This is my very first self made pizza. Before, I made the pizza with someone else. Was just putting the topping, not a real cooking. Last night was different. I made my own pizza, from the dough and eat it by myself. It tasted good.

Below is a compiled pictures and description on how I fill the topping and bake the pizza. I forgot to take a pic of the dough, but will make another batch soon as I promised Lev to make her one. After the pics, I will share more about this experiment (and after).



 In this picture, I baked the crust twice, pre-filled topping and after putting the topping. Also, I made
series of small punctures with fork on this pizza crust. The result is the dough not rising when I baked it. So, the pizza crust in the end is not as chewy as I wanted it. It might also because I mixed some corn starch when I kneaded the dough (just before I put  the topping on it).

The next day (or this early morning), I baked another pizza. No small puncture, only using pure all purpose wheat flour and only baked it once for 6 minutes. The result is better. Even Ebi said it's delicious. The crust is.

Tonight, I baked another one for Nom2 (and Fred). She also said the crust is delicious. I am getting more confident that this dough really is delicious. :)

Finally I baked one for myself again (supper). Not a pizza, but a calzone. It does have chewier texture than the 1st bake, yet it's still hold the crispiness. Maybe the yeast worked better after the leftover dough sitting on the fridge over the night? I love how the mozzarella streched! Take a glimpse on it below.

































Please don't mind the shape. I don't have a rolling pin, nor a glass bottle. I am using my hand to shape both the pizza and calzone. Please don't mind my worn off nail polish too... :p
0 Responses

Post a Comment