a bowl of soup to soothe my tummy

I’m so bad that after weeks neglecting this blog, I’m coming back with saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad news,,, I’m bloated. Yeap, gastritis, or gastroentritis, or whatever it named is striking back.

But it’s not that sad anyway. I cooked a bowl of soup to soothe my upset stomach.

It might look greasy, but it’s not that greasy. It’s just like Campbell’s chicken and rice, but instead of using diced chicken, i was using minced pork. It tasted good anyway. lol. I’m sharing the recipe here.

1-1

Ingredients:

  • onion – minced
  • garlic – minced
  • shallot leaves - minced
  • green tomatoes – diced
  • shiitake – diced
  • carrot – diced
  • minced pork
  • rice – cooked
  • condensed beef broth
  • oyster sauce, fish sauce, pepper
  • vegetables oil

Cooking Steps:

  1. Sautéed the onion on the pan with vegetables oil (i use a saucepan) until just about to turn brown.
  2. Add the minced shallot leaves and stir them until onion is turn golden brown.
  3. Add the other ingredients ( garlic, pork, tomatoes, shiitake, and carrot) and stir it until the pork turns color. By that time you gonna have a caramelized onion.
  4. Add some condensed beef broth, oyster sauce, pepper, and fish sauce, then stir it again.
  5. Heat it up then pour some water on it. Let it simmer for a moment and keep stir it occasionally.
  6. Finally add some rice inside, stir it occasionally until simmer.
  7. Taste it! Serve and enjoy it when you done with the tasting session. :D

I didn’t put the exact amount of the ingredients I used here. Just use your feeling. Feel free to add anything. Cooking is not about textbook. It’s about mixing ingredients to create something wonderful. So just enjoy it. :D

My soup has a rich flavor. I just love the taste of caramelized onion mixed with beef broth! And the great thing is it did help soothe my tummy.

even it’s hurt again now.. huahaha… i need more soup!!!

P.S. I heard that onion may cause gas just like cabbage, broccoli, milk, and softdrink do. Also, PMS, excessive sodium (salt,) sodas, too much alcohol, too little protein in diet, and contraceptive pills are some of the most common causes of chronic stomach bloating. >.<
0 Responses

Post a Comment