Hectic Saturday

I went to a museum w/ some Shanghai Rotaractors. I'm not quite sure how many we are, but we're plenty (i think it's around 13). We went to Shanghai Science Museum in Pudong. We were chaperoning 40 2nd and 3rd graders (8-9 yrs old) kid from a private school. Yup! A private school! But it's not a wealthy private school. The kids parents are come from areas out of Shanghai, from urban. I believe they called migrant workers (if i'm not mistaken). They are poor, and I don't think the parents could take the kids to the Museum as they are working, or the price is unaffordable for them. I've been told by m friend that one of the kid's parents are jobless. it's very sad as they are poor and they have to go to public school, whereas now, the public schools are free! I hope the Chinese government will take some actions as soon as possible, not just selling words to its people, because it's so sad.

We were divided into 4 groups. Each group consist of 10 kids and 4 chaperones (at least 2 chaperones can speak Chinese). I was in the same group as Megan, Stefano, and the teacher. Stefano was coming late because he has to do something else. Megan is in charge of payments and everything. i think she's the PO for that project. So... it was me and the teacher who chaperoning my group (the yellow group). it was hectic. I passed Kevin and told him about the situation. Then, a girl called Ada was sent to help my group. Thanks, God! After Ada join our group, the situation get better. ^^ Later, after the early luch, Stefano and Megan join us. It was tiring, but it's worthed.

After the trip, we get back to the school to drop the kids off. There are 5 of us left in the bus. The other went home by metro near the museum. In the bus, there is a kid cried because we have to say goodbye. Sad.. but we must go on. Oh, and, in the middle of the ride, kevin gave me a very useful map of Shanghai. Unlike most of the business map that exist, this tourist map is probably the best!

From the school, Megan, Chris, Michael, Kevin, and me walked through the Bei Qiao Metro Station. From Bei Qiao, we went to Xin Zhuang (Line 5), then transfered to Line 1. I got off in Cao Bao Metro Station as the others were continuing their ride. Then, i went to exit 3. It was a mistake. I ended up walked through the opposite direction of the bus stop and arrived at line 2 metro station. Kinda crazy. lol

For dinner, i ate Ma La Dang. it was awful. I hate chinese/sezhuan pepper. It's just not my cup of tea. *grrr*

For refreshment, i bought a bag of cake in front of the school. it cost 3.5Y. I like this food! I bring them to YooJi's room. We got a party there. A small party. i came there with Lydia. There, we gather w/ 4 korean girls incl. Yooji. We ate Shin Ramyun, apple, and chips, drink cola and orange juice, playing cards. We were stuffed up and happy. At 10 o'clock sharp, I went back to my room and have a lil chat w/ Ga Eun. Then take my long sleeeep.

It was a long tiring day, but nice at the same time. =)
0 Responses

Post a Comment