Duo Piano Concert - The Rotary Club of Shanghai's 90th Anniversary Gala

Last night I went to Rotary Club of Shanghai 90th Anniversary Gala Dinner. It's not just another birthday party. It was a duo piano concert and gala dinner opened by a champagne reception and sparkled with raffle tickets and silent auction for fund raising. In the middle of the event was a Rotary Club of Shanghai history movie clip. The movie clip was more than great. I love that clip. It's not just another boring clip. I can't describe it by words. One should see by him/herself.

The event held in Ballroom A, 10th Floor at the Renaissance Hotel Zhongshan Park. The reception started on 6:30pm. Champagne, orange juice, cola, and canapes are everywhere. The admission fee for this event is 800RMB per person (but, once again, I joined for free as the Shanghai RC gave some free tickets for Rotaractors and Interactors). Renaissance Hotel itself (I believe) is part of the Marriott Hotel Group.

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

The duo piano concert was so nice. The music was alluring. I love those songs, especially the one I familiar with like Jambalaya, Over The Rainbow, Theme and Variations, and some other musics.
Here is the music list.
Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Last but not least, the foods. The foods were so delicious. The salmon was melting inside my mouth, the soup was very tasty, moreover, the beef was cooked perfectly; juicy and very tender. The dessert (ivory blanc satin chocolate mousse griottines cherry) was kind of heavy for me. I prefer something other light and refreshing after that kind of dinner. It'd taste better if I wasn't that full, and the griottines cherries tasted like medicine pills (it's too bitter for me, well, maybe the liquor is too strong).
Here the picture of the menu, followed by the foods picture.
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Last but not least.. Shum's creation... :D She took the picture with her Nikon D50, and me? only using a pocket camera. lol
Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Such an unforgettable night...
Wish the recital was longer...
0 Responses

Post a Comment