Finally I Can Cook Again!

It's been about a month that I couldn't cook because the stove in my flat was broken. My landlord came on the Nov 1st to collect my nov-jan rent fee, then he asked is that any problem within the house. I mentioned about the stove. It's not the gas (because I still can enjoy the hot water). He managed to call the gas company to fix the problem. In less than 15 minutes, a person from the gas company came to check and fix the stove. I didn't know what he did, but the repairing process was done in a flash. Voila.. it works again!
It cost about 270RMB, i don't quite remember as the landlord paid the bill.

The next two days, I cooked a duck soup. It has duck meat (of course!) - duck leg, sauteed onion, smashed and finely chopped garlic, potato, pumpkin, carrot, celery, and dried shrimps (the tiny size one), also seasonings (ground coriander seeds, chicken bouillon, ground black and white pepper). For the final touch, I sprinkled some fried crunchy bacon and self-made crouton.
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Put a crouton on it was a mistake. I didn't the wet mushy crouton. I finished the crouton immediately and began to enjoy the soup. The soup, without the crouton, was delicious.
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
I can't wait to cook another dishes. :)
0 Responses

Post a Comment