Wanna Dance (Again)

The weather in Shanghai surely is getting colder day by day. In the meantime, my blood is boiled.. I want to dance again. I don't know if it's the effect of the cold; or it's because my dearest friend Meme shared her Facebook and Youtube link on AIKEI's dance, as cover of Super Junior's Sorry Sorry.

I don't remember at all when did I start to dance. I'm pretty sure I started it in my very early childhood. I remembered I was dancing when I was in the pre-school. Hula-hoop dance! I learned modern dance in the pre-school up to the 1st grade of elementary school. That time, I danced in some strangers wedding parties. Yup, I was semi-pro dancer back in my childhood. I got paid! lol.
Then, in my 2nd or 3rd year of my elementary school, I started to learn the traditional dance. I also made some performances, like in the church for welcoming the bishop (and some other important ppl); and some others for the Rotary Club (I remember that I performed one of Sumatran dance (can't remember the name), Jaipong from Betawi, and Balinese Pendet); which I can't recall when were those performances showed; and probably some others that I couldn't remember at all. I learned several dances which names couldn't be recalled from at least five private dancing teachers (from pre-school until high school; in discontinued manner, on and off, a years of routine and other years of vacant).

My last performance was performed back in March 2008. I did that after at least 4 years without dance routine. The dance itself was a medley of Lies by Big Bang and Tell Me by Wonder Girls. I did it with Vania, Meme, ChaCha, and Chiyo. So nervous that time.. >.<.. When I view the video of the dance, I realized that I didn't do it perfectly, but at least I can dance. :D

In the other hand, I feel it's kind of hard to do the dance now, I can't even remember the dance I had mastered before; such as the simple Balloons by TVXQ! I only remember around 50% of it! Really, the says "practice makes perfect" is true...

Let's practice... practice... and practice....
0 Responses

Post a Comment